Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learn about yourself

The first step to discovering self is telling the truth to you about yourself. If you have an accurate view about your strengths and weaknesses, you will be more likely to go up on the ladder of success. However, if you deny your real self, you will be and stay in trouble. For some people, it is hard to admit that they have a problem or weakness. For others, it is not easy to recognize their strengths. We all can begin our work by looking at and acknowledging our flows, mistakes, regrets, as well as our accomplishments, and celebrating them all. Because once we know something is there, then, we can do something about it.

Throughout my life, I learned that I should look at myself with a good open eye, that I would better not criticize myself harshly and yet not ignore anything that is about me and happening to me. I learned that it is very effective to be specific about what I plan to achieve and get a big picture view of me which will help me to be successful in college, workplace, social environment, and personal interactions. The more I know about myself without judging, the more successful I can be.

Everyone can apply this topic to school. For example, if you are not a good note taker, you can improve it by first acknowledging it and also by making it a small deal, not a big deal. Then, you can tell yourself: “I have no idea how to take notes in class, but I can improve my note taking skills by practicing more, reading and writhing more”. This topic is also very helpful in any social interactions and any personal habits you have and want to improve. Just know yourself better.

No comments:

Post a Comment