Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learn about time

Time is a resource that can be controlled only by you. At first it may sound like others are the ones who are in charge of your time, but in fact you are the one who manage your own time. Time is available to all people exactly the same. It cannot be saved nor can be renewed. Once it is gone, it is gone, unlike money, love, health, etc.

I am going to school for chiropractic care which is a very intensive program (everyday from 6 am to 6 pm), and if I do not know how to manage my time, I would be in real trouble. So, I searched a lot and read a lot about the topic of time management because it would help me to be successful in college and in life, in general. I learned that one of the most important elements of time management is not putting off. I learned that I can stop procrastination by creating goals that excite me. Also, I must say no to the activities that I know I would never do them, instead of procrastinating them. I learned to do the least interesting activities first and that to give myself short breaks between my study sessions or any lengthy activities. For example, if I have to study for 9 hours, it would be better to split it into 3 study sessions and 2 or 3 breaks. In other words, I should study for 3 hours then take a break then continue another three hours and so on.

If you are a student, you can apply the knowledge you gain from this topic to school. I am sure there has been times when you rushed to finish a project or when you did not find time for an activity that was important to you. To avoid such outcomes in the future, follow my advice: monitor and plan your time.

First, you need to consciously know how you spend your time. Then, begin to keep recording your time for a week. At first, you may be disappointed about where your time went, but then you can use those feelings as motivation to plan your time differently and more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment